Friday, September 3, 2010

Online BBQ to meet other writers

Hi all newbies to my blog. Thanks to Karen Gowen who came up with this great idea to help us build a web presence by hosting this little shindig. Whether you love beans or not, you'll love this recipe. My mom made it for every BBQ growing up and now I do the same.

Baked Beans
1 lb country style ground sausage
2 16oz cans baked beans drained (I like Van de'camps)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbls mustard
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 whole onion

Brown sausage in large walnut sized pieces. Combine rest of ingredients in a casserole dish. Add sausage. Peel onion and poke holes in it. Push entire thing into the center. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I like to put it in a crock pot after it's been baked to keep it warm.

Well browse around the other posts and if you wouldn't mind hearing my writerly rantings once in a while, hit that there follow button thing-a-majiggy. I'll come around and see what you have to say as well.

17 comments:

  1. Hi there. *waves* Nice to meet you. I'm here for the party! :)

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy recipe. Great blog. I'm a follower now from Karen's blog BBQ.

    Clarissa Draper from Listen To The Voices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from the BBQ. Nice to "meet" ya. Will come back again & am following. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would like this recipe. I popped over from the BBQ too! Thanks for inviting me over :)
    P.S. I don't live very far from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great recipe for a BBQ. (I came over here from KarenG's.)

    I'm happy to meet a fellow writer from Utah. I grew up in Salt Lake; had 4 children, now have 7 grandchildren and live in Virginia. Hope you'll come over and meet me, too.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here from Karen's! Yummy recipe - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy recipe! Thanks for stopping by. I'm also following you. Enjoy the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a huge baked bean fan, but this looks good. I've never seen it with sausage before...maybe that's the secret ingredient I've been missing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe! I've always wanted an authentic one - we just buy ours in a can *grin* Just popped over from Karens BBQ so nice to meet you!

    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy recipe. Made my way here from the BBQ also. Looking forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted that delicious recipe!!!!!
    Thank you so much Christauna! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I came over from Karen's BBQ. My family recipe for bavked beans is very similar, such a gorgeous taste, eh? I blog over at Chez Aspie and I'm now following you so I'll be back as and when I can fit it in aorund work and writing commitments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christauna,
    Also from the BBQ..... You are right on the ball with the beans. What better food for a party.

    I am following you blog.

    Wishing you and your family a great holiday week end.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Just stopping by from the BBQ and wanted to say hello. I'm your newest follower =D

    -Kaitlyn
    http://nocturnalreadings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you posted the recipe. I adore baked beans drowning in brown sugar. These look like a meal alone. I'll save these for later! Thanks for participating in the BBQ! And I'll meet you at the book club :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Thanks for the recipe and for dropping by my blog during the BBQ. I've finally staggered over to yours and am now following!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here from Karen's barbeque. I'll be sure to try your recipe. I'm a follower now, and am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

your two cents