Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When hobbies collide


My dad is a very accomplished self-published author. He's in dire need of doing his fourth printing now (at least I think it's four) but had just finished writing his third book and wants to print that at the same time.

Now watch how my two favorite hobbies come crashing into each other. That's right. I'm working on an edit for him as well as being tasked to paint the cover. The first two covers (see above) were nothing short of inspired. Usually I can spend months working on and oil painting (not to mention the half finished ones in my basement) but these two paintings came together so well it was like someone was dipping my brushes and moving my hands for me.

I don't know if my dad can say the same for the manuscripts, but I feel they are also divinely inspired. The principles taught in these works have probably helped more people than there are copies out there.

Look at me, I'm practically purring. So while I read and edit, I'll also be up to my elbows in oil paints. How did I get to be so lucky as to have my two favorite hobbies colliding in such a fantastic way? Gotta know the author.

P.S. the books are called The Cedar Post, Tears of Joy and the forthcoming Flypaper. You can purchase them at www.jackrosebooks.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh if I could have one drop of your talent! I am proud of you! I love you MOM

    ReplyDelete

your two cents