Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New Beginnings


In an effort to reboot my writing career, I thought it was a sign of change to start with a new blog. As many of you know (or don't know, or possibly don't care) my dream for being published was dealt a pretty heavy setback a few months ago. Everything had been going well, I'd landed a small publisher and was all excited for my debut novel R.A.G.E. to finally see print. I won't bore ya'll with the details, but after nearly two years in the holding tank, (and, as Seinfeld would say, yada yada yada) I decided to part ways with my publisher.

Not that my long journey with my previous publisher was a waste of time by any means. Before they picked me up I was on the verge of self-publishing. Looking back and the enormous faults of the manuscript at that time...well you can imagine what a disaster that would have been. I learned so much in the last few years writing-wise, and R.A.G.E. has grown in leaps and bounds.

Now, even though this was my own choice to leave my publisher, it was still a painful time. Depressing would be a good word. Combine that with the winter blues and I sometimes wondered if I would ever pull out of it. A lot of authors would decide this is a good time for a writing hiatus, or perhaps a walkabout.

It's been a steep uphill climb the past few months. My confidence in my writing had been shattered. My imagination and creativity was at an all time low. However, by golly, when it came right down to it, I knew I couldn't give up writing, even if not a single one of my books ever saw print.

I'm happy to report that R.A.G.E. is now in the last round of edits before it's off to some new publishers for review and (finger and toe crossies) possibly publication. I'm also working on another manuscript that I'm quickly falling in love with. It's a sci-fi horror novel entitled Project Specter which includes a haunted house, a crazy lady, a suburban neighborhood and an entity from another world.

So here is the beginning of my reboot with Nonsensical Essentials http://nonsensicalessentials.blogspot.com/. I'd love if you followers of Art n' Writin' (which is going into the dusty archives of my past) would come on over and hear all the super important gibberish that I have to say.

Until then, a big thank you to Spring for showing up early and setting the scene for a new beginning. 2013 is going to be a wonderful year!

4 comments:

  1. You can't keep a good woman down!!! Happy Spring!! Fingers are double crossed

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

your two cents